Innovation & Technology

Gustavo Silva (CEO of Nutrisoft): "We wanted to learn as much as possible about the user"

Nutrisoft is a Brazilian startup in the segment of health care. Founded in 2014, it developed an app that makes suggestions to its users on how to live a healthier life. Different recommendations are made for each person, through an Artificial Intelligence.

Nutrisoft is a Brazilian startup in the segment of health care. Founded in 2014, it developed an app that makes suggestions to its users on how to live a healthier life. Different recommendations are made for each person, through an Artificial Intelligence.


Leaders League. How did Nutrisoft start?

Gustavo Silva. Nutrisoft began in 2013 as a project for the course on Artificial Intelligence I was taking at Sao Paulo University. It was only ever meant to be an academic project, but then we realized it could be launched as a startup. In the same year, we received an award from Santander bank as one of the most innovative projects of the year. From there, things moved rapidly. We were accelerated by Facebook, and by the end of 2014, we already had a product on the market.

 

How is artificial intelligence used in this app?
We didn`t want to just make generic recommendations. We wanted to learn as much as possible about the user, to create a personalized service. We gathered information based on the hobbies, daily routine and income level of the user, so we could give specific advice to that person.

 

Have you had any concerns regarding the data gathered?

Yes, we needed to ensure the information the app collects is secure, and so to ensure this we have designed the app in a way that it only imports data, it does not export information. What this means is that other applications cannot harvest the information stored by Nutrisoft.

 

Does Nutrisoft have other products?

Yes, we have Kimeo, an app similar to Nutrisoft, but designed for cancer patients. This service provides nutritional tips and help for those undergoing cancer treatment. Anyone can download it. Approximately 60% of users have cancer themselves, while the other 40% are family members and friends, who wish to have a better understanding of the disease. We currently have 2,000 users

 

C.S.

interview

Accenture's CEO and CFO interview by Leaders League Group

About us

Download